Followers

Tuesday 27 August 2013

I've snuck back for a while...

Hi Peeps :-)
Hope you are all keeping well?
My blog & craft time is limited! As a few of you already know, my Son fell & broke his Pelvis – silly lad lol
Anyway, he has been out of hospital a week now and Mother Me is playing Nurse! It’s been a very frustrating time for him as being restricted is not one of his favourite things – plus he’s getting very short tempered & snappy.  I can understand him, being in pain is not nice.  I know that from my own experience.  Thankfully he has all the meds he needs, and Morphine being one of them, helps when it’s just too much for him.  There have been slow improvements but it’s hard telling a 21 year old to not rush things & there is a reason why he is meant to be in bed for two weeks before starting to learn to walk with crutches.  Suffice to say, the Physio’s & his Mother have no idea what they are talking about as he is trying to run before he can walk! Literally! I think this experience is going to be one HUGE learning curve, well, I hope it is, for his sake!!!


So, not much crafting created, not much blogging or commenting, just managing to do my DT comments last thing at night BUT today, there is progress – I actually got to sit and have a couple of hours to myself making two cards. YIPPEEEE!  Oh, it was soooo nice just to relax and create!

So, today's little make, is a retirement request card.  I have used my Kanban stash to come up with this creation: 


I love the cottage topper, I could so go there right now, just relaxing and being amongst the beautiful flowers... I may still add a little something to the top righthand corner, a little butterfly or something - not sure yet, will think on it :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
On to
My card ingredients:
8 x 8 card blank
Green Coredinations ColorCore cardstock 
Kanban swirling vines foiled background card
Kanban Brown Gates cottage framed toppers
Gold Mirri card
Cream paper roses
purple paper roses
Spellbinders floral flourishes Die Cuts
Collall glue
Pinflair
 ~~~~~~~

So, today has been good, I've made cards & blogged all in the same day - miracles will never cease LOL

I'm hoping to catch up on blogs as I have missed seeing all your crafty makes,just can't say when yet.  Please don't think i'm not visiting you - well, I'm not, but it's not for the want of trying! Hopefully things will settle down and I will have  a little more time to drop by.  Thank you all for your lovely comments you've left me, hope you know how uplifting they are to read :)

Until next time,

Mandy :)

5 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

I hope your son recovers soon hun sorry to hear he has been in hospital.

Your card is lovely and you take care of yourself too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

Mandy, so glad to hear that you son is now out of hospital, it will be a trying time for both of you, hugs to you both, and a fabulous card hun,, good to see your face around xxx

jane stillman said...

It must be so frustrating for both of you, and of course us Mum's know nothing! lol A gorgeous card, love the image and die cuts - take care x

Sandra Carey said...

Sorry to here about your son but a mums make the best nurses Lovely Card Hugs Sandra xx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

A very gorgeous, elegant and traditional card. Love the gold additions, they really make the card look expensive and finish it off perfectly.
I'm sorry to hear about your son...boys will be boys!! Hope things get better for you and him very soon Hun.

Hugs and <3
Lisa xxxxxx

P.S. I hope you will join in my blog candy, if you haven't already xxxx